Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

Mask Please!


As the note suggests, Sam and I have once again come down with the flu! We're seriously considering wearing the white SARS masks everywhere we go...subways, buses, our classrooms...you get the idea! I guess Korea's really getting into our system ;0)
We blame this round of bugs on our subway ride last week. We have never experienced a crammed subway as we did on Saturday. The train pulled up to the station already bursting at the seams. The doors opened and the people behind us were gracious enough to push us through the doors and into the mass of humanity on the inside.
Now, some subway drivers are nice and smooth, and if you're standing, it's really easy to keep your footing. This driver, however, was not one of those. He started abruptly, changed speeds abruptly, and braked abruptly. The cool thing was that none of that mattered. No matter how abrupt a start or stop was, noone was going anywhere...we were so tightly wedged together that I probably could have lifted my feet and been held up by the pressure on my shoulders. As a North American, I am definitely used to a tad bit more personal space then was offered to me on that ride.
Nothing like a cheery note on a piece of toilet paper to turn a grey sky blue! Our students are great :0)

Comments:
haha. i didn't even realize it was toilet paper until you said it at the end. haha. too funny. man i miss those crowded subways!!!!
 
Dear Sam and Becky,
You sick, I sick, we all sick. Sick, I sorry. Be good, better feel soon!!
Lots rest and fluids you drink.
Love, Sheila Auntie
(tee hee! Do I pass for Korean?)
 
get well soon!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?