Sunday, February 04, 2007

 

Cookie Slogans

I love cookie boxes in Korea! Sometimes the slogans are translated into English, which is a real treat. They make every cookie sound like it was baked by angels in God's kitchen, and sent to earth to give us an other-worldly experience.

Here are a few examples:

Walnut Cookie Bars: "The walnut cake, just what you have wanted. Taste harmony of tender feeling and savory walnut. This cake will lead you to sweet time." (Come again? The CAKE will lead me???)

Chocolate Cookie Bars: "It's a special gift only for you who are so romantic and luxury." (sounds like they're selling bubble bath or lingerie right? Nope - cookies!!)

Chocolate Cookies: "Your joyful biscuit! Just to everyone's liking at your home - children and adults all alike." (can't you just picture your 'joyful biscuit' smiling at you as you eat it?)

I love it!

Comments:
I want the cookie to take me on a journey! hahahaha those cookies sound amazing! check my blog...new posting about salad
 
lead me? really?! that cracks me right up? why are the translaters for those cookies not learning english in your class am i right? actually, then eating cookies wouldn't be so fun right! keep the broken english coming. makes me laugh!
love ya
 
Too funny-sounded like something from one of those corny love story novels!!!
Love you Bec, Auntie Sheila xoxoxoxo
 
you need to write about more Korean food to english mishaps.. they make me laugh so hard.. david and i grab a bowl of popcorn, some drinks and hunker down to laugh at your posts! Keep them coming!
love you
annie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?