Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

"I'm Sorry Teacher"

My last class today was a Conversation class. This class has been the bane of my existence. The kids pretty much refuse to speak English, and so much Korean is thrown around that it ends up driving me crazy! I feel like I should change the name from "English Conversation" class to "Come Chat with Your Friends in Korean" class.
Anyways, today I warned the kids right from the get-go that they had 5 chances. I told them that if I heard them speaking Korean, I was going to put a check on the board, and if they got 5 checks, they were going to write me a "sorry" essay.
Of course, they got 5 checks, and so the last 10 minutes of the class was essay time. I thought I'd share some of the writing I got. The subject was: "Why I'm sorry for speaking Korean in Becky's class":

(p.s This is typed exactly as it was written)

Ben said:
"I'm sorry because I said Korean talking in your class and made crazy. We said Korean talking. You gave us five chance but we violated your rules. I tryed but It's very hard. We born country called Korean. So we learned about Korean anything any where. I tryed but Korean were talked unconscious when I don't want too. I'm so sorry. After I do not Korean talking. I will try who I can English".

Paul wrote:
"I go to another contry. in my class student their's language I'm also angree to student. So maybe teacher was angree to us. and I'm disobey to teacher that "please talk English". It is not good acition".

Kiara said:
"I am very sorry for speaking Korean in your class, Beky. I am very sorry. Because I was spoke Korean. I am Korean. So I am Korea speaking. I want don't speaking Korean but I was unconsciousness. Beky, please you understaning about me. I am very stuffy. I am very carefully. But I'm not fixed that. Sorry. Sorry".

Hilarious...what more can I say?

Comments:
Bec... me and David laughed so hard at this post... we can just imagine the straight face you had to keep while reading them if you were at school.. make them write more!! we love them!
 
so so funny! how do you ever understand what they are saying when they are SPEAKING????!!!??? too funny! i can't wait to meet them all!!!
 
That was so funny!!!! You don't know me but I'm a friend of Anne's in Yellowknife, found your blog through her's and have enjoyed reading about your experiences in Korea.
Monika
 
hey guys
just double-checking: you don't want to go skiing with us this coming weekend? let us know. love you! em and trent.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?