Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Some Random Pictures...

You know what? This weekend was pretty quiet! Sam and I did some Christmas shopping yesterday in Insadong, which is a cute part of Seoul that has tons of street vendors and little shops selling Korean arts and crafts. Awesome area to visit...anyone who comes to see us, we promise we'll take you there (if that isn't insentive to come, I don't know what is!!). Today Sam and I made a trip in to Costco to stock up on some fabulous North American food...here's the best part: Sam figured out a bus route that has a stop almost directly outside of Costco's front door - no more long walks with heavy bags for us!!
So, because there were no "adventures" to write about, I thought I'd share some ramdom pictures, that otherwise might not have made it on to the blog. Enjoy!
This is what Sam and I call a "squattie" toilet. Probably 80% of the bathroom stalls offer this kind of set-up. At first glance, you're probably thinking, "There is no way I would use that!"...and I admit that I thought that at first too. However, I am now a huge fan and advocate for the squattie toilet...seems much more sanitary to me...no need to sit where everyone else has already been!
This is one of Sam's favourite past-times! Some of the restaurants here have showcases that hold plastic replicas of the foods they offer. We all know that Sam loves his food...and he loves looking at all the options that he could order. I think I took this picture during his second time of looking through the display case...yep, both times on the same day :0)

This is one of the newest additions to our growing list of things we know how to order. Just ordered it for the first time yesterday - dalk bokki. It's so good. The long things that look like penne noddles are actually pounded rice. There's egg in there, and spaghetti noodles, plus some kind of flat noodle, and some kind of meat. It's the sauce that's to die for...delicious!


Here's Sam on the streets of Osan. It's really cool to go for a walk at night because of all the neon signs...really lights up the sky!!

Here I am on one of the side streets of Insadong. We took this picture because there's a Baskin Robbins down this alley (the "31 Flavours" sign is the pink circle that's behind my head...the picture's a little small, so you can't really see it). I thought it was random that Baskin Robbins would set up shop down such a skinny, random street!


Comments:
i love the picture of sam squatting in front of the food display. i don't know why but it cracks me up everytime! like a kid in a candy shop! too funny sammy!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?