Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

The Experience of Banking in Korea

Banking in Korea is not just an errand...it's an experience!!

The number one best thing about our bank is that our teller's name is Don Ki (pronounced "Donkey")...tell me, where else would it be kosher to call your bank teller Donkey without receiving nasty comments and really poor service? Exactly...our bank is awesome!

We have a bank account here with KB Bank. The other day, Sam and I went in to transfer money home, and Don Ki immediately thanked us - as he ALWAYS does - for choosing KB. We were then treated to little cups of coffee while we waited. That's when the gifts started rolling in. Banking here does take longer then banking at home, but it seems like the number of gifts you receive from the bank is directly related to how long you wait! For example, when we opened our account 2 months ago, it took some time, but not too long...so we received a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner. The money transfer we did took a bit longer, so we received two big containers of dish-soap, and some zip-loc bags. Then, Don Ki realized that the transfer would take even longer then he thought, so he threw in a map of Korea. The best thing is how the gifts were presented. Don Ki came up to us and said, "I have gift for Sam and Rebecca"...and then proceeded to show us each thing the bank was offering. Once we had ewwed and awwed over them a bit, he pulled out a KB Bank gift bag and carefully placed our "gratitude" items into it, before presenting it to us with a flourish.

I love that the gifts are so practical...Sam and I will never have to buy dish-soap again...we're covered for the next 10 months! The zip-locs are great! As for the map, it's all in Korean, but it's the thought that counts right?

Here I am, modeling the gifts we received from the bank.

Comments:
WHY IS MY BANK TELLERS NAME NOT DON KI?!! HAHA. I LOVE IT. I LAUGHED SO HARD. AND GIFTS? THOSE ARE REALLY NICE GIFTS. I WAS THINKING LIKE TINY "HOTEL" SIZE SHAMPOO..OH NO...THEY GO ALL OUT!! I CAN'T WAIT TO VISIT!!!!!!!!! CAN I MEET HIM?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?